Skip to Content
chevron-left chevron-right chevron-up chevron-right chevron-left arrow-back star phone quote checkbox-checked search wrench info shield play connection mobile coin-dollar spoon-knife ticket pushpin location gift fire feed bubbles home heart calendar price-tag credit-card clock envelop facebook instagram twitter youtube pinterest yelp google reddit linkedin envelope bbb pinterest homeadvisor angies

Helpful Personal Injury Law Information

Do I need an attorney or can I resolve this myself?

Some smaller claims may be settled without an attorney. However, you owe it to yourself to consult with an attorney to ensure the best possible outcome in your case. Sometimes, people will wait for months or even years after they have been injured to contact a personal injury lawyer. The best time to consult with and hire an experienced personal injury attorney is right away. Our attorneys will lead you through the complex and often overwhelming process of making a successful claim for personal injuries in Wisconsin, and we will advise you regarding ways to maximize the value of your case. The sooner we become involved in your case, the better your likelihood of a successful recovery.

How Much Will It Cost to Hire an Attorney?

We handle personal injury matters on a contingency fee basis, which means you do not owe any fees unless we obtain a settlement or verdict on your behalf.

How Much Is My Case Worth?

Each matter is unique, and the value of each personal injury claim is based on factors, including, but not limited to, the severity of the injuries, liability, the amount of the medical bills, the amount of wages lost, the injured party’s work history and ability to work following the accident, whether there is permanent disability or scarring, and many other variables.

How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit?

Wisconsin’s statute of limitations allows injured parties a very specific amount of time within which to file a lawsuit for personal injuries. Generally, in Wisconsin, an adult must file a lawsuit within three years of the date they were injured. Failure to file suit within the designated time frame will result in the injured party being barred from making a legal claim for damages, so time is of the essence. The statute of limitations for minors injured in an accident is different and varies depending on certain factors.

How Long Will It Take to Resolve the Claim?

The amount of time needed to resolve your case depends on your particular circumstances. Depending on the type of case and the damages, resolution may take anywhere from a few months to several years.

I Was Hurt in a Car Accident While I Was Working. Can I Still File a Claim?

If you are injured while performing your job in Wisconsin due to third-party liability, you may file a claim against the third party. “Third-party liability” means that someone other than your employer or a fellow employee was responsible for your injuries. However, if there is no third-party liability, your remedy is the filing of a workers’ compensation claim for benefits such as disability payments, medical treatment, therapy and travel expenses.

The Other Driver Has No Insurance. What Now?

When the individual who causes an accident is uninsured (UM) or underinsured (UIM), we can determine what your options are, and depending on your own insurance coverage, we can help you to make a claim for uninsured or underinsured insurance compensation from your own insurance provider.

Who Will Pay My Medical Bills?

Your health insurance may cover treatment for personal injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident. You may also use the medical bill payment provision of your automobile insurance policy toward the payment of medical bills. If you do not have insurance, you may have to pay for medical expenses out of pocket. If you are being represented by a personal injury attorney, the attorney can act on your behalf to speak to health care providers and billing agencies to try to defer payments. You have the right to claim compensation for your medical bills, and your attorney can work with you to get your case settled as quickly as possible, allowing you to pay off your medical bills in a timely manner.

A Claims Adjuster for the At-Fault Party’s Insurance Company Is Trying to Contact Me. What Should I Do?

If the party responsible for your injuries is insured, a claims adjuster from that party’s insurance company may try to contact you. The adjuster will want to take your statement and gather information from you that may later be used against you. If the claims adjuster for the at-fault party contacts you, you are not obligated to give any information, and should politely decline when asked to give a statement.

Receive the Representation You Need Today